Tuesday, November 29, 2005

New pics; anticipated weekend nirvana

It occurs to me that it's been too long since I posted any new pic's of my babygirl. So, without further ado, a couple of the cutest pictures I've taken lately:
I have far more pictures of babygirl sleeping than all her other pictures taken together. I don't know why; there's just something especially pure, soft, and lovely about her sleeping face. But this is one of the most fun in the "sleeping" photoset - she was SOOO tired but wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap, instead passing out in her highchair as I prepared dinner. This was taken at my cousin David's house in Ardsley, New York - a three-hour drive from home, but well worth the drive. It's babygirl's first designer outfit: a Ralph Lauren Polo number, courtesy of a sorely-missed law school classmate. You can't tell, but she's eating a chunk of honeydew melon. David's wife put out a tray of cut fruit on the coffee table, well within babygirl's reach. She went back to it all day long, eating a strawberry here and a pineapple chunk there. Such good eating habits - Mama's so proud!

Anyway, my weekend will be highlighted by a day trip to the newly-opened Ikea home furnishings store in Stoughton, MA. I have heard innumerable rapturous reviews of this Swedish mecca of affordable accoutrements, and have finally made up my mind to experience the wonder firsthand. Plus, Mama needs a new set of couches in the worst way! Seriously, the place is as big as a football stadium, with parking lots to match. But they have preferential parking spots for customers with infants as well as playspaces throughout the store, so babygirl will be coming along for the ride. It also has an in-house restaurant offering such things as Swedish meatballs and lingonberry mousse to tempt my culturally-intrepid palate. I will be bringing along my buddy, she of the husband-who-just-moved-to-Bangkok, because she also needs new couches and a hefty dose of Swedish/American consumerism to distract her from her wordly cares. I await the weekend with bated breath.

Note to my husband (who is unaware of this blog): I happened to overhear, from the kitchen, Babymama asking you to babysit the holy terror for ALL OF SATURDAY AFTERNOON, and you agreeing to do so. However, I was not included in that conversation, nor did either you or Babymama clue me in afterwards. The aforementioned Ikea trip was planned AFTER that conversation, in a state of what you should assume to be my ignorance of YOUR babysitting committment. I fully anticipate that there will be fighting down the road, probably on Saturday morning, as you protest there is no way I could have been unaware of the arrangement and I can't possibly leave you alone with her. While it is true that I was not unaware, my awareness is coincidental at best and I will deny it to my dying day. If you want my help for such onerous tasks, please request my input ahead of time or at least clue me in afterwards. You're on your own for this one, babe. I'm off to Swedish furniture heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home