Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bleah.

That is the way I feel today. A couple of days ago I started feeling like someone poured cement into my lungs to about the halfway point and let it dry there. I didn't feel like coughing, but took an expectorant and forced myself to start hacking that shit up. By now I feel like the inside of my chest has been sandpapered. Also, my nose has joined the party, and after going through a full box of Puffs, my nostrils are turning a fetching carmine shade. And finally, just to round out my overall feeling of crapitude, the babygirl slept HORRIBLY last night. Woke up every 45 min's or so, howling of course, and only grudgingly going back to sleep. The hubby finally took her out onto the couch at midnight so I could get a whopping 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Only, I didn't, because, you know, I'm hacking up a lung.

This is the size of the coffee I need right now. And no, today I'm not sharing.



So, the other day I blogged reverently of Paris. Got home that night and saw MSNBC's coverage of the Paris riots. This makes me very sad. I mean, I've known for awhile that France doesn't always do a great job integrating its immigrant population and their descendants. I mean, this is a nation that outlawed the wearing of the headscarf in school by Muslim girls. What a great reason to drop out, huh? (Let's see, go to school = become an infidel, shame my family and go to hell. Wheeeee!) Not like our own country has done so much better; maybe in some geographic areas and in some educational/professional respects, but, c'mon, there was no excuse for what happened in New Orleans! (or on the Trail of Tears, or in the WWII internment camps, etc.) But I so love Paris, and it hurts to admit that Paris' ability to be the city I love depends heavily on it being visibly almost-totally white, with its inconveniently poor and pissy minorities stashed safely away in the non-touristy burbs.

I'll probably be offline for a few days. We're having some serious Internet access issues at home right now, and I'm going to be out of the office for a few days. I work from home every Wednesday, which means although I'm still working (sigh...) at least I get to do it wearing my jammies and can use my own pisser without worrying whether someone else can hear me pee. Thursday is my anniversary (4 years! Who'd'a thunk we could make it that long?), Friday is a holiday, and then it's the weekend anyway. So, long story short, unless my access problem spontaneously resolves itself, I will be out of the loop til Monday. I think you'll live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home