Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween!

This was Sarah's last baby Halloween - her last year in a baby costume, and her last year staying home. Next year we'll take her door to door, over in the good part of town where her Gramps lives. This was her Halloween costume:



She HATED wearing it. The headpiece was hot and the body piece was a little too short. I got about five other pictures of her looking really unhappy in it. This was the only picture of her smiling in it. But you know what? She was cute as all get-out in it. And sometimes a mom's just gotta dress up the baby, no matter what the baby has to say about it. Next year she'll have a cute little kid costume - maybe a fairy, or a princess, or a kitty. This was my last year to get her in a baby costume, and damn it, I enjoyed it.

We bought too much candy. I ate one little bar of each type of chocolate bar in the mix. That means, of course, that I ate maybe 10 or 12 mini-chocolate bars. I should have just bought one king-sized Hershey bar, eaten the whole thing, and called it done. (burp!) Sarah had her first candy experience - her daddy gave her a Tootsie Roll pop. Ten minutes later there's sticky candy on her hands, face, costume, toys, just everywhere. If she hadn't been wearing a daisy on her head, it would have been in her hair too. She screamed when I took it away and insisted she eat her dinner. After all, why should she eat steak, potatoes and Brussels sprouts when there's a Tootsie Pop to be had?

We still had about 3 cups of Halloween candy when I left the house this morning. I'll bet there will only be 1 cup left by the time I get home. Daddy will deny eating 2 cups of candy during the day. He will say that there wasn't as much there as I thought there was. Liar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home